The Revolutionary War in Richmond County, New York
Green and Red: Military Units, Loyalist, British, Hessian
The Watering Place
Stationed at the Watering Place (Tompkinsville) were the Fifty-second Foot.
The Third Regiment of Waldeck.
The Bayreuth Regiment and some British artillery.
Ansbach-Bayreuth troops leaving for America
Five of the six battalions of Brig. Gen. Cortlandt Skinner's New Jersey Volunteers (Loyalists) were stationed as follows:
Lieut.-Col. Elisha Lawrence's First Battalion, 150 men, at Old Blazing Star (Rossville);
Lieut.-Col. Edward Dongan's Third Battalion, 100 men probably in the area of Cocclestowne (Richmondtowne);
Lieut.-Col. Abraham Van Buskirk's Fourth Battalion, 250 men, at Decker's Ferry (Port Richmond);
Lieut.-Col. Joseph Barton's Fifth Battalion, 250 men, at New Blazing Star (Travis); and
Lieut.-Col. Isac Allen's Six Battalion, 100 men, near Amboy Road between Billop's Point (Tottenville) and Egbert's (Gifford's) Lane (Greenridge?).
Sword Belt Plate, ca.1778; Stamped “L. FUETER”Verso;
Silver, Ensign (Lieutenant) Justus Earle,
4th Battalion, New Jersey Volunteers, New Brunswick Museum, 2006.1.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest